.PREPARING FOR YOUR ON-LOCATION PORTRAIT SESSiON.
Are you ready for the time of your life? [Okay...I mean, I'd like to think that I'm a 'fun' person, but 'time of your life' might be a bit of a stretch on my part.] Either way, here are some quick tips to help you prepare for a portrait session with yours truly!
PLAN YOUR TIME
- Arrive promptly for your scheduled appointment time, but not too early! [Let's face it, running 'behind' happens, it even happens to me sometimes - although I'll try to be on my best behavior. If you're going to be late, just shoot me a text message!]
- Most portrait sessions take anywhere from  mins to  minutes - but typically it takes people at least  minutes before they really 'warm up' in front of the camera.
DRESS FOR YOUR PORTRAIT SESSION
- Come dressed in your favorite outfit, ready for for a good time! If the forecast calls for less than ideal weather, especially in terms of temperature, be sure to dress in LAYERS! [Even if this means running out & buying a thermal underlay for yourself or your little one. Trust me, if you feel cold, you will inevitably 'look cold' in your photographs. Photographers aren't magicians [although many would probably beg to differ!]...we can't photoshop out emotions! Haha!]
- Keep your attire simple, but do try to coordinate colors for groups of  or more.
- Solid colors are best. Try to avoid large, bold patterns.
- Be sure to bring along any hair combs, brushes, accessories, makeup, etc. - things that might be useful to you for mid-shoot 'touch-ups'.
- If your chosen portrait package allows for outfit changes, feel free to bring an outfit change(s) and/or props along to add creativity and variety to your session!
BRING YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS
- Everyone that shows up for the session should plan to be apart of the session. [Please refrain from inviting your neighbor from down the street to 'watch' the shoot...that just gets to be a bit weird.]
Portrait sessions are my FAVORITE kind of sessions! [So don't disappoint me] ...I mean, let's have a good time! I can't wait to work with you!
Have a question about something that wasn't answered here? Don't hesitate to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!